Chicken Taco Chili
This slow cooker meal is a family favorite–even my (almost) two-year-old likes it! It’s so easy because you just dump everything in the crock pot and go. If you don’t have a “set and forget” programmable slow cooker, you need one; it’s a life changer. This is the one I have which is awesome and under $50, or for $22 you can get this portable one.
Once you have your crock pot ready to go, put in the following ingredients:
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 small chopped onion
- 8 oz can plain tomato sauce
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 small bag of frozen corn
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Homemade taco seasoning (or just buy a packet of your favorite):
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine everything except the chicken in the slow cooker and mix well.
- Nestle the chicken in, covering it completely, and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
- Half hour before serving, shred the chicken (I do this right in the pot, but you can also remove it).
- Serve and add your favorite toppings (cheese, avocado, tortilla chips and sour cream are mine)!